QA Analyst / Tester
Windsor Mills, MD (Baltimore)
All Work Authorizations Accepted
Final In Person Interview Required
Long Term Contract Possible
Key - Communication Skills
QA Analyst / Tester
- Candidates for QA analyst/tester positions must have excellent problem-solving skills along with keen attention to detail and outstanding written and oral communication abilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline teamed with several years of experience in a QA environment are typical requirements, although work experience can sometimes be substituted for formal education.
- Typical duties include: Developing and executing software test plans, test cases, Identifying and facilitating issue resolution with functional and technical groups Managing software beta test programs Documenting test results.
- Develop a strong understanding of the application and domain to perform manual and automated testing of the services from a technical standpoint using a variety of tools including SOAP UI, HP UFT, Jmeter, and others.
- Define and document manual and automation test strategy, test plans, and test cases by evaluating functional and non-functional requirements.
- Identify, create, and manage test cases in shared repository such as HP ALM.
- Build and develop Test Automation for APIs/Services.
- Collaborate with internal IT on test environment setup and management.
- Execute both manual and automated tests, review results, and create reports for project stakeholders.
- Create metrics/reports to capture test progress for projects and releases.
- Communicate ideas and information tailored to the style and needs of the audience (technical and non-technical).
- Handle testing efforts for multiple projects/releases concurrently.
- Proactively identify ways to improve testing processes and techniques.
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify quality risks and issues that impacts project deliveries.
- Hands-on experience testing APIs including RESTFul Services.
- Experience with load testing tools and regression automation tools.
- Experience in creating test strategies, test plans and test cases for web services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies (SDLC, Agile, etc.).
- Knowledge in software tools such as SOAP UI Pro, HP ALM, HP UFT, HP Performance Center, SharePoint, and Rally.
- Experience with programming language like C# or Java is preferred.