Position: Systems Administrator
Clearance (Active) TS/SCI CI Poly
Looking for a smart, skilled, and motivated Systems Admin that can operate at the tier 1, 2, and some 3 level.
- Must also have experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Computing.
- The Systems Admin will be responsible for the general upkeep, performance monitoring, and reliability of the system, and must be able to work closely with users, the company team, and the customer.
- This position will be based primarily in the DC Metro Area with occasional work from HQ in Baltimore required.
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades.
- Diagnose and correct computer systems issues.
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support.
- Recommend software and hardware enhancements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years related experience
- Strong AWS background
- Strong system and application experience
- Strong automation experience
- Active TS/SCI security clearance, based on a current single scope background investigation (SBBI), as well as a favorable completion of CI Polygraph completed by the U.S. Government