Business Analyst - Data Warehouse/BI Reporting
Long Term Contract -
ETL, BI Data Mapping and UAT important with financial experience
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into detailed functional and/or technical specifications
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
- Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle
- Knowledge of when and how to use business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments)
- Demonstrated mastery of test strategies, test plans, and test execution
- Skilled in the use of Visio or other process or flow chart tool
- Strong knowledge of business processes related to business channel supported
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with statistical software applications such as SPS, SAS, MiniTab or R
- Experience working with business intelligence applications such as TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Data Warehousing
- Reporting / BI Tools – preferably TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau, Microstategy, or Qlikview/Qliksense.
- Analysis of data providers – preferably Morningstar or Lipper (Thomson Reuters) but there are a number of provider that would qualify.
- Financial industry