Sr. Java Developer
Open to all work authorizations - should be able to pass a Federal Background and be in the US for at least 2 years.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Lead/Senior-Level Java Developer shall provide design and development to perform systems integration. Ability to interface with other technical leads/developers to perform design and code walk-throughs. Responsibilities include design, development, and unit testing of all code developed. Additional responsibilities include documenting code developed, fixing bugs in the development of various applications and write and/or update system design documentation.
Responsibilities include using tools like Eclipse, JUnit, Subversion, Maven, Visual Studio and applying experience in software development languages including but not limited to Java, JSP, XML, HTML, PL/SQL. The Developer should be able to propose opportunities of improvement in existing software stack or proposed design. He/She will be able to independently own the tasks/User Stories in Sprint session, prepare design document, develop code to conform to the user story, prepare unit test case, suggest alternate ways if applicable, and participate in technical discussion with Technical staff. Must have hands on experience with different Operating Systems including Solaris, Windows, and Linux.
The Sr. Level Developer shall have experience with:
- Transactions - including rollback and cascading
- Frameworks: Spring, Java EE (Java 5 and higher), SOA(RestEasy), UML, and MVC
- Methodology : Agile and Waterfall
- Development tools: JBoss Developer Studio, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Visio, JUnit.
- Software development languages: Java, JSP, XML, HTML, PL/SQL
- Application Server: JBoss application and Web server
- Build Management and Continuous Integration: Maven, Hudson/Jenkins
- Operating Systems: Solaris, Windows, Linux
- Database: Oracle 11g, MySQL Enterprise Edition
- Standard data formats including XML, XSD, XSLT, and HTML.
- Standard hardware and operating systems now used by the Agency for its production AIS, including: HP/UX, IBM/AIX, REDHAT/LINUX and Microsoft operating systems, VMware servers, EMC and Network storage devices.
- Knowledge and previous experience using the following quality management tools: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Tool for Configuration Management (CM), requirements, testing and CM build, Continuous Integration using CICM, Jenkins
Must have experience working with stakeholders at various levels and functional areas in a professional services/consulting/federal contracting environment and be responsible for producing high-quality deliverables through collaboration. Additional responsibilities include producing and updating documentation, resolving defects, mentoring, participating in code reviews, and collaborate with other team members and contractor teams.
MUST be able to obtain a Federal Government clearance at the Public Trust level.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of experience in the design and development of software applications.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology, software development lifecycle (SDLC), and associated deliverables. Also Web Services and JQuery