Position: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Washington DC
Work Authorization: US Citizen (Security Clearance Required)
Description: Client: US Federal Government. Candidate will work with multiple development and DevOps teams providing Database expertise.
- Orchestrate and implement Oracle installations, upgrades, migrations.
- Responsible for database creation, performance tuning, monitoring, backups/restore/recovery, database cloning.
- Maintain UNIX scripts used for database maintenance.
- Required activities include data model change push to staging/production and SQL query tuning.
- Engage in activities to implement database policies, procedures and standards, and ensure their conformance.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and new or enhanced measurement reports
- BS degree in computer science and/or 5 years of DBA experience with Oracle
- Expert with RedHat like Linux operating systems
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, and shell scripting
- Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl and Python
- Extensive experience in performance tuning on Oracle database
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience in DevOps tools/technologies such as Chef, Jenkins, Docker is a plus.
- Experience with AWS cloud technology such as working with RDS, EC2, S3 storage is a plus
Security Clearance: US Citizenship is required to obtain US Federal Agency Clearance.