Microstrategy BI Developer
W2 Employees Only
Duration - 18-24 Month or more
Business Objects / Microstrategy BI Developer:
The Reporting & Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for:
- Designing, developing, deploying, and supporting the BI framework to ensure the business information and the technical components provide a solution that meets the need of the internal client.
- Developing and supporting BI platforms in both Microstrategy and Business Objects.
- Designing/developing/supporting a Microstrategy semantic layer and similar experience with a Business Objects universe.
- Ability to formulate business questions, be able to effectively gather requirements, be able to communicate in both business and technical forums, and determine the proper course of action to be taken and/or provide a recommendation for a solution.
- Experience with structured, unstructured and embedded data.
- Experience interfacing with various associates throughout the organization: business users, infrastructure teams, developers, business analysts, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in order to do execute this role successfully.
• MicroStrategy Specific skills:
- Over 5 years of development experience with MicroStrategy
- Using MicroStrategy product suite which includes Intelligence Server, Desktop/Developer, Narrowcast Server, Architect, Administrator, Office, Web, Mobile, Visual Insight, Object Manager o Extensively worked in creating and integrating MicroStrategy reports and objects (Attributes, Facts, Metrics, Filters, Prompts, etc.) o MicroStrategy Administrative experience in design and setting up of new users, roles, privileges, data and application security
- Experience in implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions within MicroStrategy Projects
- Experience in creating Report Service Documents, pixel perfect Dashboards and Self-Service analytics
- MicroStrategy Mobile Implementation experience, preferred but not required.
- MicroStrategy Best Practices
- Business Objects Related:
- Over 3 years of development experience with Business Objects that included analysis, design, development and deployment of Reports, and Visualizations.
- Experienced creating complex reports using Business Objects Universe Designer Tool (Designer), IDT, WebI, Desktop Intelligence, Business Objects Data Services.
- Experienced in various components of Business Objects XI R2/XI R3, BO BI 4.0.
- Experienced working with Crosstab, Bar, Line, Area, Pie, Scatter Plot and other charting elements.
- Created dashboards with drill downs, link to templates, info windows, bubble graphs and Pdf links.
- Over 10 years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing projects
- Has worked with database teams to connect and identify underlying tables.
- Understands table relationships to be able to do dimensional modeling; understand lookup tables and fact tables.
- Experience in implementing of BI projects with a strong understand about architecture, development and administration concepts.
- Experience in Full Life Cycle Implementation
- Over 10 years of data warehouse experience, working on projects involving Star Schema and Snowflake Schema models
- Specialized in developing stored procedures, functions, packages and database triggers using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in other BI tools like Qlik Sense or BI tool is preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform well in a group or individually and can cope well in a high intensity work environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Strong communication and people skills.
- MicroStrategy Skills MicroStrategy 9.x / 10.x Product Suite
- Business Objects Skills:
- Business Objects 5.x/6.x/XI R2/XI R3
- Business Objects Universe Designer Tool (Designer), IDT, WebI, Desktop Intelligence Languages:
- Oracle 11g/10g/9i