Location: Bowie, MD
Work Auth: US Citz, GC, H1B
The ideal candidate is a person that strives to achieve excellence backed by strong architectural, system design, and automation experience.
- Aligning with the product engineering teams to design MongoDB to ensure scalability and reliability;
- Design database topologies to support a high-performance environment running in multiple data centers;
- MongoDB cluster job performance, capacity planning, connectivity and security;
- Work with other Infrastructure teams to design data backup and recovery;
- Design File system management and monitoring
- Automation of manual tasks;
- Work with business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability;
- Define best practice for Dev and Ops teams to follow;
- Implement runbooks that address patching and version upgrades for Operations teams to follow
- Point of contact for tier 3 escalation.
- 7-10 years working on Unix or Linux platform.
- 4-5 years of experience working with Mongo DB
- Strong knowledge of RHEL 6.x and 7.x;
- Familiarity with open source configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet/Ansible and shell scripting;
- Experience working with application development teams using a Micro Services architecture preferred;
- Experience with troubleshooting Core Java applications preferred;
- Experience implementing other NoSQL database platforms;
- Experience engineering high performance implementing other database platforms;