Location: Washington DC
Work Auth: US Citz, GC
Clearance: Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance
Identify data storage needs required to build fact and summary tables based on source data
- Develop data warehouse functionality – build data warehousing system from technical and functional specifications that meets needs and work with a development team to build the warehouse.
- Extract, Transformation and Load data – extract necessary data and transfer it to new system.
- Test and troubleshoot – test designs of new system to ensure smooth operations and fix any issues that arise.
- Identify and capture lessons learned, best practices, and information gained during performance of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline
- Experience extracting and summarizing data from a variety of data source types using Oracle SQL
- Experience in using Oracle PLSQL
- Dimensional modeling experience
- Experience interfacing with business users and understanding their requirements
- Understanding of business intelligence development in the IT industry
- Must be able to obtain Positon of Trust and successfully pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience
- IBM Rational toolset experience