Data Architect/ Modeler
Reston, VA + 50% travel (Denver, CO/Calgary, Canada)
US Citizenship req.
- 10+ years of consulting and software development experience including 3+ years of in a combination of relevant Big Data/Analytics areas
- Proven ability to leverage and integrate technology stacks into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements and use cases
- Experience with a variety of platforms, languages, frameworks, modeling, and methodologies
- Knowledge of data architecture, data modeling, advanced analytics, or data science implementations.
- Experience presenting technical concepts and solutions (including whitepapers) to business and technology stakeholders.
- Relational databases such as Oracle
- Experience with SQL
- Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) tools such as Pentaho or Informatica
- Reporting tools or platforms like Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau
- Log analysis tools such as Splunk or the ElasticSearch / Logstash / Kibana (ELK stack)
- One or more distribution of Hadoop such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR
- AWS platform including EC2, S3, and RedShift
- Experience with at least one procedural language: Python, R, Scala, or Java