VMware Engineer - (Active or Interim Secret Clearance Required)
North Chicago, IL
The individual will field or assist in the fielding of VMware virtualization solutions, modifications and upgrades for HQ USMEPCOM. In addition, the candidate will be required to serve as a subject matter expert/TIER 3 expert in the assigned area of responsibility. The individual must be familiar with VMware products, technologies and concepts. The candidate must have familiarization with engineering, administrating, and securing various VMware virtualization solutions and applications.
- Experience: 5 years of Enterprise Level experience in VMware Virtualization.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II (Security+) certification and associated CE certificate
- Possess VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 – Data Center Administration (VCAP6-DCA) certification
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance (Interim Secret acceptable)
- Prior DoD or Army working environment experience a plus
- Experience/certification in one or more of the following services: VMware Virtual Technologies
- 5+ years of experience engineering, design and implementation in VMware Virtualization Solutions
- Technical degree relevant to position description
- Knowledge of IA controls
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with Army IT Systems
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Normal office environment.