MS Windows/VMWare Support-Master SME
This position will provide essential IT and multimedia support services to existing and emergent JSSC mission requirements, technologies and its worldwide customer base both from its primary location at the Pentagon and various locations. The JSSC is responsible for providing leading edge products and services for C2, Information Assurance (IA), multimedia services, technical oversight, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) for the POTUS, SECDEF, the JS, Combatant Commanders (CCMDs), military service branches, and the other elements within the DoD.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to Windows and VMWare.
- Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- May supervise others.
- (WINDOWS):maintenance of hardware related systems and auxiliary equipment related to all Windows 2008/2012, Active Directory, virtualization services for both server and client environments.
- Deploy to alternate site for exercises and real world events.
- Master SMEs are required to possess industry standard certification in their primary functional area of expertise – MS Windows and VMWare Support, or equivalent level of experience in installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance, as follows:
- Related IT Bachelor's degree with 10 years’ technical experience, or
- IT Master's degree with 8 years’ technical experience, OR 15+ years’ experience.