Senior IA/Security Specialist (Infosec)
This position will provide essential IT and multimedia support services to existing and emergent JSSC mission requirements, technologies and its worldwide customer base both from its primary location at the Pentagon and various locations. The JSSC is responsible for providing leading edge products and services for C2, Information Assurance (IA), multimedia services, technical oversight, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) for the POTUS, SECDEF, the JS, Combatant Commanders (CCMDs), military service branches, and the other elements within the DoD.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of Security best practices as it applies to complex computer enterprises.
- Had advance analytic skills to evaluate security posture with automated security tool like Nessus & HBSS and recommends mitigation and optimizes security posture of all IT components.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments, equipment baselines, operating systems, and communication protocols.
- Required to possess industry standard certification in their primary functional area of expertise – IA/IT Security, or equivalent level of experience in installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance, as follows:
- Related IT Bachelor's degree with 10 years’ technical experience, or
- IT Master's degree with 8 years’ technical experience, or
- 15+ years’ experience.
- Six (6) years of direct experience or combination of formal education but no less than three (3) years of applied experience with performing security analysis, reviews, mitigation, and accreditations to published NIST security standards (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience in the use of security automated assessment tools, application of security policy, procedures, and best security practices to manage the security posture on a dynamic and changing set of computer capabilities.
- Prior expertise with DoD and/or Command & Control systems preferred.