Senior Hardware Engineer (NCCS)
This position will provide essential IT and multimedia support services to existing and emergent JSSC mission requirements, technologies and its worldwide customer base both from its primary location at the Pentagon and various locations. The JSSC is responsible for providing leading edge products and services for C2, Information Assurance (IA), multimedia services, technical oversight, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) for the POTUS, SECDEF, the JS, Combatant Commanders (CCMDs), military service branches, and the other elements within the DoD.
- Provides inventory management and hardware maintenance of identified clients, servers and printers.
- Track the warranty periods for all equipment and report status to government.
- Monitor the up/down status of networked items and report when an item is down for action to be taken.Has expert knowledge of IT equipment supporting a Windows operating environment to be able to repair and replace equipment and perform preventative maintenance and in inventory management methodologies.
- Required to possess industry standard certification in their primary functional area of expertise – hardware engineering, or equivalent level of experience in installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance, as follows:
- Related IT Bachelor's degree with 10 years’ technical experience, or
- IT Master's degree with 8 years’ technical experience, OR 15+ years’ experience.