Enterprise Management_ SME
This position will provide essential IT and multimedia support services to existing and emergent JSSC mission requirements, technologies and its worldwide customer base both from its primary location at the Pentagon and various locations. The JSSC is responsible for providing leading edge products and services for C2, Information Assurance (IA), multimedia services, technical oversight, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) for the POTUS, SECDEF, the JS, Combatant Commanders (CCMDs), military service branches, and the other elements within the DoD.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- May supervise others.
- Provides systems engineering support on large-scale systems, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems.
- Develops strategic and implementation plans for larger-scale information systems.
- Applies reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to troubleshoot and plan strategic system integration and migration.
- Develops system architecture and designs including software, hardware, communications and interface requirements. Leads systems definition, trade-off and design activities. Prepares, reviews, evaluates, and analyzes system designs. Prepares, reviews, and evaluates system documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures. Conducts analysis, to define, analyze and allocate system requirements. Supports system tests and analyzes testing results. Conducts analysis of system requirements and components and performs system audits to ensure all intended system functionality, operations and performance requirements are achieved. Manages and maintains systems and applications.
- Master SMEs are required to possess industry standard certification in their primary functional area of expertise – Enterprise Management, or equivalent level of experience in installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance, as follows:
- Related IT Bachelor's degree with 10 years’ technical experience, or
- IT Master's degree with 8 years’ technical experience, or
- 15+ years’ experience.
- Required skills includes in-depth experience with installation, troubleshooting, analysis, design, repair, preventive maintenance, engineering, administration, and building and understanding of Linux/Unix servers, Oracle database, Apache, Perl/Shell Scripting, VMware, NetApp hardware and software, and IBM Tivoli Applications/Enterprise Management Applications.
- Deploy to alternate site for exercises and real world events.