COMPUTER AIDED DESIGNER-ELECTRICAL
Patterson AFB, Dayton , OH
This contract will serve as a vehicle to provide design, drafting and engineering services along with the ability to fabricate, install or modify designed systems or currently installed systems. It will also supply operational, environmental, and other support services required to sustain research within the Aerospace Systems Directorate.
- Apply scientific methods, engineering disciplines, and trade disciplines to a variety of activities such as theoretical analysis of specific problems.
- Conduct, when required to by the Government, design calculations, prepare layouts, prepare detailed specifications, and prepare parts lists and estimates.
- Design, when required by the Government, an idea or rough sketch of a desired concept into practical items of equipment that can be economically manufactured.
- Provide information on the required parts which includes material composition, dimensions, electrical and safety characteristics, possible procurement sources and cost information.
- Produce workable designs from rough sketches or verbal descriptions that include, but are not limited to, the design of mechanical components related to high speed rotating machinery, the design of lightweight structures involving sophisticated manufacturing and assembly procedures, knowledge of application of aerospace materials typically used in turbine and ramjet engine construction, design of hardware for high pressure and high temperature application, design of control and measurement instrumentation for process monitoring and control, design of electronic noise shielding and design of high power and high voltage protection, and design of laboratory space.
- Ensure that all tasks are designed for ease of maintenance, assembly and reliability.
- Many contractual efforts will involve the design and subsequent fabrication, modification or installation of research equipment or facilities. All designs and related engineering information shall be prepared using the appropriate AFRL/RQOE CAD/CAE software.
A designer must be available who has a minimum of five years’ experience in each of the following areas:
- Architectural: designer must have knowledge of architectural layouts, building modeling and rendering, space allocation including office layouts. Designer must be capable of designing on Autodesk Products.
- Electrical: designer must have knowledge of electronic noise shielding, high power and high voltage design protection procedures, and industrial process controls and instrumentation. Designer must be able to design in Autodesk Products.
- Mechanical: designer must have knowledge of the design of mechanical components related to high speed rotating machinery, design of lightweight structures involving sophisticated manufacturing and assembly procedures, and knowledge of application of aerospace materials typically used in turbine and ramjet engine construction.
- Work also involves design of hardware for high pressure and high temperature fluid applications, as well as low pressure fluid applications, and design of control and measurement instrumentation for process monitoring and control.
- Designer must be able to design in CAE Plant 4D, Autodesk Products and Siemens NX
- Current requirements will include knowledge in Autodesk Products with knowledge of Revit desirable, but not required. Legacy systems are also involved with design work and were at one time designed and drafted in Microstation software, so knowledge in Microstation is desirable.
- Legacy systems are also involved with design work and were at one time designed and drafted in Microstation software, so knowledge in Microstation is desirable.
A designer must meet the criteria in either
- An Associate Degree in an engineering field (in an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited Engineering program) with at least 10 years of technical experience or training
- At least 15 years of technical experience or trainin Note: time in trade school or in a related post-Associate Degree college-level technical curriculum shall be considered equal experience time.