Patterson AFB, Dayton , OH
This contract will serve as a vehicle to provide design, drafting and engineering services along with the ability to fabricate, install or modify designed systems or currently installed systems. It will also supply operational, environmental, and other support services required to sustain research within the Aerospace Systems Directorate.
- Apply scientific methods, engineering disciplines, and trade disciplines to a variety of activities such as theoretical analysis of specific problems; trade-off comparisons
- Research/test article design, fabrication and installation from concept description; equipment design, fabrication, installation and operation
- Instrumentation and measurement and other automation techniques; and system safety engineering analysis, as appropriate, for concepts, apparatus and facilities.
- The contractor shall, when required to by the Government, ensure RQ laboratories are in compliance with Occupational, Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Air Force Occupational, Safety and Health (AFOSH), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), WPAFB, and Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Provide environmental and safety compliance support to RQ Unit Environmental Coordinators (UECs).
- An environmental technician shall have at least five years of ESOH or related technical experience
- Formal college level environmental training is desired
- Must be fully trained and maintain full compliance with all applicable ESOH training as required by federal, state, Air Force or WPAFB rules and regulations.
- A Department of Transportation (49 CFR) Hazardous
- Materials Shipping Certification is required. A senior environmental technician shall be knowledgeable and proficient in all environmental regulations including OSHA, AFOSH and RCRA as well as the RQ Chemical Hygiene Plan
- An environmental technician shall have a high school degree