Location: Rockville, MD
Long Term Contract
Phone/ Skype Interview
US Citizen / Green Card
Focus: HR, Talent and Recruiting module experience
Prior experience supporting corporate functions
Experience in the financial industry, particularly the regulatory domain
- Supporting FINRA’s workday application with an emphasis in Core HR, Onboarding, Talent and Recruiting.
- Support and troubleshoot complex processes and functional issues, as well as build, QA and maintain system functionality.
- Clearly communicate with the business as well as with developers.
- Review and analyze business processes and / or system needs.
- Define logical specifications including business process flows and rules, systems and data needs, and any applicable industry and / or FINRA standards for a small project, product and / or program or a major component(s) of a larger project, product and / or program.
- Serve as a requirements liaison between various functional and technical teams including clarifying requirements
- Define requirements traceability models for both development and / or quality assurance for a small project, product and / or program or a major component(s) of a larger project, product and / or program.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements and analyze impacts of any change requests.
- Reverse engineer specifications for legacy systems that are missing / have inadequate specifications documents.
- Proactive identify opportunities to improve business processes and systems and be responsible for championing implementations.
- Develop training programs and materials.
- Lead / Co-lead internal process improvement initiatives. Provide feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
- Informally mentor more junior staff.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Ensure all work products meets /exceeds FINRA standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or related discipline with at least three (3) years of related experience, or equivalent training and / or work experience.
- Proficient at technical business writing, including functional requirement specifications, workflows, use-cases and other documentation methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience documenting solutions for complex business and data intensive systems.
- Knowledge of industry leading requirements documentation and traceability frameworks and tools.
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improved the quality of work products.
- Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in the financial industry, particularly the regulatory domain, preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language preferred.
- Highly organized and able to support multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.