Senior Network Engineer
Location: Manassas, VA
Long Term Contract with Possibility of Hire
US Citizens or Green Card
(GC needs to have been in the US for 3 consecutive years out of the last 5 years)
MUST: CCNA or CCNP
- Performs maintenance, and upgrade of networks using Cisco networking products, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and network management systems.
- Monitors network connectivity and ensures high quality data transmission.
- Provides technical support to various departments and users with regards to LAN/MAN/WAN (local/metropolitan/wide area networks) and serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers.
- Overall management of network based products to include routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, load balancers, etc.
- Interfaces with third party vendors supporting, developing, and maintaining materials for daily operational tasks.
- Works daily Helpdesk incidents as required for support of network connectivity or related network issues during daily operational and maintenance.
- Configures, ships, deploys, and processes returned network gear in the event of an outage or overall hardware failure for Data Center and national wide area networks.
- Maintains current NMS to reflect the most up-to-date status on all of the managed products for all team visibility.
- Implements approved network changes as required. Monitor network usage, anticipate problems, and suggest solutions.
- Strong working knowledge with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus switches, Juniper SRX, and Cisco ASA firewalls in a Data Center environment.
- Working knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAC.
- Must have the ability to clearly document network designs, implementation plans and as-build final documentation package
- Experience with enterprise network grade products to include: Cisco Nexus 7000, 6500, 4500, ACE, ASA and Juniper SRX.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS &NX-OS; EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF.
- Experience with tiered architectures – e.g. presentation, application, data.