Cognos Developer/Financial Data Analytics Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA 22311
US Citizen, clearable to Public Trust Clearance
Permanent - Full Time (100% on Site) Salaried position
Must: Experience with Cognos, Cost Point, and implementation work with financial systems, data mining, cleansing and reports.
Must have the ability to mine large amounts of data and provide financial reports to team and management using Cognos, Costpoint’s reporting tool.
- Responsible for financial report development with the need to extract, analyze and summarize data to create, update and maintain financial reports.
- Import, transform, validate and/or model data using Cognos to develop, enhance, update and maintain financial reporting.
- Extract and transform raw data from various data sources into useful information to enable more effective strategic, tactical, and operational insights.
- Determine best methods to gather, model, manipulate, and present data while gathering business requirements and translating business questions into business requirements
- Develop quality control measures, testing measures, and the accuracy of data standards to support deployment of report solutions for the business
- Create and automate reports by established deadlines and on an ad-hoc basis
- Identify and analyze key business insights out of data and prepare summary reports for management.
- Leverages a basic understanding of multiple data structures and sources to perform moderately complex data manipulation using standard data extraction and analytical tools and techniques.
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of data mining, framework manager and analysis experience preferred.
- Experience with Costpoint Cognos.
- Working knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools and techniques such as SQL, etc.
- High proficiency in Excel, including ability to use array formulas, pivot tables, macros and conduct financial modeling.
- Prior experience working with Cognos multiple database technologies
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and experience working with Business Intelligence tools and techniques
- SharePoint experience a plus.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.