PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST/TASK LEAD
USCG Headquarters, Washington, DC
Ability to obtain CAC card
Provide communication planning, technical writing and editorial services; graphic support; website publishing and content management; event planning, as well as limited technical, administrative, and analytic support for the United States Coast Guard.
- Provides all oversight and quality assurance required to accomplish duties for the presentation of professional work products meeting the requirements of the USCG
- Responsible for managing the review, tasking, staffing, and workload distribution of the Contractor staff, while also assisting in the maintenance, retrieval, tracking and storage of data.
- Provides expert communication leadership and guidance to their staff, to ensure products reflect highest industry standards and best communication practices.
- Single point of contact (POC) for the Contracting Officer (KO) and CG-925’s COR
- Develops communication planning recommendations; writes draft communication guidance and other planning documents; and develops a user-friendly description of CG-925 communication products and capabilities, for use by acquisition offices and program
- Assists with the maintenance of an electronic calendar, and using Microsoft SharePoint application, of pending communication and engagement events, issues and milestones that link the communication efforts with broader USCG communication efforts.
Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS in Public Relations or related field and between three and ten years of relevant experience in Public Relations--BA/BS degree may be substituted for MA/MS and one to eight years of experience; AA/AS degree and six to 13 years of experience; or no degree and nine to 16 years of experience
- At least five years of experience planning, executing and supervising expert communication strategies, efforts and products for a major government program or similar entity
- Experience managing the review, tasking, staffing, and workload distribution of staff, while also assisting in maintenance, retrieval, tracking and storage of data
- Proven ability to provide communication leadership and guidance to staff, to ensure products reflect highest industry standards and best communication practices
- Experience providing research, planning, implementation, and evaluation support in the development of acquisition-related communication guidance and plans
- Experience in developing communication planning recommendations, and writing draft communication guidance and other planning documents
- Experience with maintaining calendars
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience in conducting research, preparing read-aloud material, and assisting with drafting speeches, briefings, or talking points
- Experience working with writers and graphic designers to develop media outreach material, news and feature articles, newsletters, and branded communication tools such as posters, brochures, guides, charts, and graphs
- Experience in planning support and marketing for events such as trade shows
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Familiarity with, or experience in using Associated Press Stylebook (AP) standards