NAVAL RESEARCH LAB, DC
The contractor shall provide an experienced system administrator, capable of overseeing the development, maintenance, and upgrades of the OSD IT system assets listed in Section 2 of this PWS. The system administrator should be familiar with all operating systems and software tools listed in Section 2 of this PWS and possess good management and communication skills. Specifically, the system administrator shall:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience AND meet the minimum education OR training, OR certification requirements for “Intermediate/Journeyman” proficiency level as specified in blocks 41 (Customer Service & Technical Support) anD 45 (System Administration) of the Qualifications Matrix:
- Have and maintain MCSE, and IAT Level I certificatioNs
- Serve as local site liaison between the contractor and the COR.
- Be responsible for the full scope of work including managing the workflow including trouble-tickets, projects, accreditation, performance monitoring, and documentation.
- Provide data reporting including daily verbal updates and monthly status reports.
- Interact with users and provide in-depth technical knowledge about computing system hardware and software
- Work in coordination with the NRL’s Operational Networks group on the development of new NRL Cybersecurity policies and instructions affecting the NRL-OSD
- Perform an initial analysis of current IT assets and architectures; conduct gap analysis of systems needing to be migrated from legacy OS to Windows 10.
- Develop recommended IT architecture, IT requirements and roadmap for implementation
- Assist in the preparation and testing of DoD and US Government computer and/or network systems for accreditation.