Oracle Database Developer
Long Term with possibility to Hire after 6 Months, if interested ( No Sponsorship)
Location: Baltimore, MD
US Citizen , Green Card, GC-EAD and H1B- Clearable to Public Trust
In-Person Interview Mandatory
This is NOT a systems administration position and requires extensive development experience.
This role requires SQL and PL/SQL knowledge and some experience with Oracle forms.
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and Production environments.
- Provide database administration support for application development teams for Maintenance and Emergency software releases.
- Develop Oracle stored procedures, packages, functions, and triggers in support of new applications being deployed.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Support for writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Assist customers with issues related to FDA Imports and SIRCE applications involving issues with PL/SQL code, UNIX shell scripts, cron jobs, and Pro*C code running in development and production environments.
- Recommending solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Implementing new releases and completing maintenance requirements
Role maybe include, as needed
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Develop and execute migration strategies for migrating large databases to Oracle Exadata.
- Exalogic server migration, performance testing and troubleshooting.
- BS degree with 9-12 years or Masters with 7-9 years’ relevant experience
- Highly proficient in core DBA skills spanning multiple releases like Oracle 10g and 11g
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL Queries, procedures, triggers, and DDL
- Hands on experience in DB Application Development.
- Experience with Oracle 11g Exadata and Exalogic architecture, Oracle 10G/11G, Oracle Web Forms and reports, Oracle 11g WebLogic, Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Oracle Access Manager, Oracle WorkFlow, Oracle SOA
- Experience with Informatica ETL Modeling
- Experience with Weblogic installation
- Experience with Performance tuning (DB, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Proficient with Oracle utilities such as data bump, SQL Loader
- Experience in writing and modifying UNIX Shell Scripts
- Certified Oracle Administrator