UX/UI Developer ( Senior/ Lead)
Location: Reston, VA
Long Term -- 6 Months Contract to Hire
US Citizens or Green Card or GC – EAD
In Person Interview Mandatory
MUST: Previous experience on full scale, enterprise applications, dashboards, etc., not just website design – driving the design vision, and prior experience being on structured design teams with formalized processes
- Part of a team to improve user experience, usability, and drive user engagement.
- Responsible for conducting user research, analysis & synthesis, persona development, interaction design, and usability testing to create products that delight our customers.
- Plan, lead, and manage your projects, from collaborative ideation to research strategy to execution on a large program.
- Lead participatory and iterative design activities, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Define and lead design system/style guide direction and development in coordination with customer and the design team.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture in coordination with customer and the design team.
- Produce user needs specifications & experience goals, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale and goals both verbally and visually.
- Plan and facilitate collaborative critiques and analysis & synthesis working sessions.
- Work closely with designers, user researchers and engineers to ensure that customer goals are met and design specifications are delivered upon.
- Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy-to-navigate user interfaces (UIs) that consists of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing.
- Work with the UX team leadership to define user experience standards and advocate for UX best practices within Ventera.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to a team of 10+ designers and user researchers.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science, HCI, or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 8-10 years of experience with user experience (UX) design or at least 8-10 years of experience with user interface (UI) design
- At least 3+ years of experience leading other designers
- Fundamental knowledge of UX principles and best practices, and experience designing wireframes or prototypes for research validation
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies
- Strong technical aptitude, and product common sense