Location: Herndon, VA
Long Term -- 6 Months Contract to Hire
US Citizen, Green Card or GC_EAD - Clearable to Public Trust
In-Person Interview Mandatory
The team is responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancement (DM&E) and operation of selected Federal Acquisition IT Systems. The program supports the operations of multiple business applications, as well as development of new applications across different technologies. The software development team is responsible for the software design and implementation of web applications supporting multiple Business Lines . Successful candidates are modern web development specialists experienced in translating business requirements into software architecture. In addition to strong software development skills, ideal candidates have demonstrated experience in working on an Agile Scrum team
- Work with the team of talented engineers to enhance a highly scalable, fault tolerant, and responsive big data platform with next generation streaming data technologies
- Work alongside with architects and forward-thinking customer partners by providing services that enable solutions around data collection, aggregation, and enrichment
- Key member of the team responsible for designing and supporting data scientists with their data need across all solution assets
- Help prove concepts, evaluate technologies and contribute to ideas that can turn into actionable implementations
- Important member of the team tasked with transforming our Cloud platform from a traditional enterprise data architecture to a streaming architecture based on open source and Hadoop technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with stream processing pipelines such as Kafka, Flume, Apache Storm, Apache Samza or Apache Spark Streaming.
- Hands-on experience with real-time data ingestion technologies such as StreamSets and Apache NiFi.
- Hands-on experience with messaging oriented application stacks, pub-sub architecture, clustering and brokers, queues and topics, etc.
- Must have at least 1 yr. of experience with XML, JSON, parsing and enriching data in flight and for transport.
- Experience in technical role as a part of a team, implementing solutions based on industry standard architecture patterns: Loosely coupled architecture, web-oriented architecture, and service-oriented architecture
- Hands-on experience with search-based solutions for real-time indexing, analysis and visualization such as ElasticSearch/ELK, Splunk, Solr or others
- Familiar with real-time data visualization techniques and enabling live analytics.
- A real time thinker who can imagine the future
- Self-motivated to deep dive into subjects of solution relevance
- Enjoy learning whatever necessary to get job done and desire to attack hard problems with out-of-the-box thinking
- Love coding and enjoy debugging and possess a strong engineering background, and ideally have experience in building distributed systems
- Experienced with java and have familiarity with other modern languages such as Scala, R and Node.js.
- Enough aptitude and front end skills to be able to design and implement administrative dashboards with substantial independent working abilities