Java Full Stack Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Long Term -6 Months Contract to Hire
US Citizen – Clearable to DHS Public Trust
In-Person Interview is Mandatory
MUST: Angular JS experience
One day Remote work Possibility
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria.
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality.
- Performing architecture and design of software intensive, micro-services driven and cloud based systems under the supervision of a Solution Architect.
- Estimates and scopes development tasks, and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Develops and executes Accepted Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach to ensure software quality.
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience required
- 5-7 years of work experience developing in Java and J2EE (full stack)
- Experience in Java based services running on OpenShift PaaS using Dockers
- Demonstrated experience in using AWS or other Cloud technologies
- Extensive working experience in XML and JSON technologies
- Extensive working experience in writing queries with relational databases such as Oracle, data modeling, MySQL (or similar)
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing NoSQL databases (such as Mongo DB)
- Working experience in testing frameworks Selenium, Cumber, JUnit/TestNG
- Working experience in Agile methodologies
- Working experience in using Kafka/JMS and messaging tools/software
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools and DevOps automation
- Working experience in Automated Test Driven Development (ATDD) tools using Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber