Senior Systems Administrator ( Linux)
Location: Woodlawn, MD
Long Term Contract with C2H Option
US Citizen or Green Card – Clearable to Public Trust
In-Person Interview Mandatory
- Support over 1300 Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) hosts.
- Build, configuration, and tuning of Linux operating environments.
- Performance of maintenance including emergent fixes and mitigation, routine patching, support of system tests, and other scheduled operations.
- Configuration of systems to run successfully in multiple differing environments.
- Update and maintenance of monitoring, deployment, and other tools (scripts).
- Participate in resolution of incident, service request, and change request tickets.
- Provide advisory support on Unix/Linux systems and operational impact of changes.
- Monitor Unix/Linux systems for anomalies and investigate impact related patterns of usage.
- Provide analysis of reporting on Unix/Linux resources in areas including security, capacity, and availability.
- Operational familiarity with Oracle Enterprise Linux or Solaris.
- Deep understanding of operating system concepts including file systems, processes, and permissions.
- Extensive experience with virtualization technologies including VMware.
- Experience with network and system monitoring via tools such as Nagios.
- Experience with optimization and reconfiguration tools, particularly MFITS.
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols such as HTTP, ssh, and NFS
- Experience managing software repositories.
- RHCSA, RHCE, or deep understanding of technical subjects covered in these certifications.