Security Engineer - Junior
Location: Manassas, VA
Long Term Contract
US Citizen , Green Card, EAD and H1B
- Perform Penetration testing, security vulnerability scans, Red Team Operations, Cyber Security Exercises, Threat Intelligence analysis, Risk analysis, and other technical security analysis and ethical hacking in support of Global Security's world-wide objectives
- Perform documented systems checks, changes, implement scripts and verify compliance of security measures, methods and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files and data elements, escalating issues to Senior Security Management Specialist.
- Provide first level assistance on reported cases and dispatch appropriately if necessary.
- Maintain and assist in tracking security management access and compliance controls of systems and networks. Report all security baseline non-compliance. Prepare status reports on security cases.
- Implement and participate in the identification of tools to automate day to day activities such as system checks, log checks and baseline compliance.
- Acquire knowledge of changing technologies in own activities.
- Participate to technical investigation relating to logged security cases, within agreed time, reporting to case owner.
- Participate in security testing and security checking of systems and networks ensuring appropriate cyber defence.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years’ experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Networking basics, Systems Administration and OS programming (scripts)
- 1-5 years’ experience in Penetrating and Vulnerability Testing
- 1+ years’ experience in Ethical Hacking