Electrical Engineer -Power
Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Must be a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Conduct, feasibility study, trade-off analysis, engineering design, modification of existing hardware, design and construction of research apparatus, software design and configuration, and operation of facilities to resolve problems, as required. Will not typically conduct direct research for the AFRL/RQ research units/cells.
- Generate designs, plans and/or specifications for engineering projects, facilities, structures, systems, processes, equipment, devices, materials or methods and ensure all tasks are completed on schedule and meet technical, quality and safety standards.
- Design drawings may be required to be sealed in accordance with the requirements of the Ohio State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors.
- All designs and related engineering information shall be developed using the appropriate AFRL/RQ CAD/CAE software
- Apply scientific methods, engineering disciplines, and trade disciplines to a variety of activities such as theoretical analysis of specific problems; trade-off comparisons; research/test article design, fabrication and installation from concept description; equipment design, fabrication, installation and operation; instrumentation and measurement and other automation techniques; and system safety engineering analysis, as appropriate, for concepts, apparatus and facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering with at least 8 years’ experience, or a Master's Degree in engineering with at least 5 years of related technical experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Electrical Power (power generation)