Location: Rockville, MD
Contract : Long Term ( 6-12 Months C2H Option)
US Citizen, Green Card, GC-EAD and H1B – Clearable
Client is looking for Data Engineers to join growing team using ground breaking cloud and big data technologies.
They will collaborate with data scientists from prominent ivy league institutions to identify user needs, find solutions, and take our products from concept to launch.
- Build data pipelines using Apache Spark, Scala, Python, Apache Airflow etc.
- Collaborate with User Experience and Engineering teams in the planning of new products
- Write unit tests and get close to 100% code coverage
- Work on AWS – S3 for storage, EC2 and EMR for processing/analysis
- Follow Agile methodology for the software development
- Identify problems and propose resolutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study with 6+ years’ experience. 10+ years’ experience is accepted in lieu of degree
- 6+ year of engineering experience; focus on back-end development and/or data engineering
- In-depth programming knowledge with Java, Python, and Scala
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or HIVE
- Strong experience with AWS; including EC2, EBS, EMR, ELB, SNS, RDS, CloudFormation, and more
- Experience with tools like Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Able to perform as an effective member of a geographically dispersed team across multiple time-zones