Computer Aided Designer (Electrical)
Location: Dayton, OH
Contract : Long Term
US Citizen - Clearable to Secret
- Provide design, drafting and engineering services along with the ability to fabricate, install or modify designed systems or currently installed systems.
- Supply support services required to sustain research within the Aerospace Systems Directorate.
- Conduct, feasibility study, trade-off analysis, engineering design, modification of existing hardware, design and construction of research apparatus, software design and configuration, and operation of facilities to resolve problems, as required.
- Generate designs, plans and/or specifications for engineering projects, facilities, structures, systems, processes, equipment, devices, materials or methods and ensure all tasks are completed on schedule and meet technical, quality and safety standards.
- Design drawings may be required to be sealed in accordance with the requirements of the Ohio State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors.
- All designs and related engineering information shall be developed using the appropriate AFRL/RQ CAD/CAE software
- Apply scientific methods, engineering disciplines, and trade disciplines to a variety of activities such as theoretical analysis of specific problems; trade-off comparisons; research/test article design, fabrication and installation from concept description; equipment design, fabrication, installation and operation; instrumentation and measurement and other automation techniques; and system safety engineering analysis, as appropriate, for concepts, apparatus and facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 -8 years’ experience, or a Associates with Min 10 years. 15 years of technical experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in each of the following areas:
- Architectural: knowledge of architectural layouts, building modeling and rendering, space allocation including office layouts. Capable of designing on Autodesk Products.
- Electrical: knowledge of electronic noise shielding, high power and high voltage design protection procedures, and industrial process controls and instrumentation. Able to design in Autodesk Products.
- Mechanical: knowledge of the design of mechanical components related to high speed rotating machinery, design of lightweight structures involving sophisticated manufacturing and assembly procedures, and knowledge of application of aerospace materials typically used in turbine and ramjet engine construction.
- Work also involves design of hardware for high pressure and high temperature fluid applications, as well as low pressure fluid applications, and design of control and measurement instrumentation for process monitoring and control.
- Able to design in CAE Plant 4D, Autodesk Products and Siemens NX
- Current requirements will include knowledge in Autodesk Products with knowledge of Revit desirable, but not required. Legacy systems are also involved with design work and were at one time designed and drafted in Microstation software, so knowledge in Microstation is desirable.
- Legacy systems are also involved with design work and were at one time designed and drafted in Microstation software, so knowledge in Microstation is desirable.