INTEGRATION ENGINEER/SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR - Expert
Expert Systems Integrators support the Government by leading and overseeing the integrity of the NSG/ASG systems-of-systems enterprise. They lead and oversee planning, implementation
approaches, testing, documenting, and maintaining solutions for total cloud services, systems or subsystems using defined processes and tools. They provide end-to-end system development life
cycle support to the program.
- Assists with leading and performing systems integration activities across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
- Assists with leading and overseeing a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of cloud services, infrastructure and security domains.
- Assists with overseeing the preparation of engineering plans and site installation technical design packages.
- Oversees the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Systems Integrators.
- Support the government with integration across the NGA, NSG, ASG, USG, commercial and foreign partner enterprise ensuring alignment of architecture, requirements and as-built capabilities, services and features are in compliance with all license and sharing agreements.
- Ensure integration across program, segment and project plans, technical roadmaps, and schedules to achieve the delivery of capabilities and effectivities.
- Maintain technical roadmaps against strategic epic planning scope and completion dates. Rebaseline roadmaps in response to changing agency guidance and strategies.
- Ensure integration of solution engineering across time horizons from year of budget execution through the Future Year Defense Program (FYDP and beyond).
- Support government oversight of program development and coordination of CONOPS, technology roadmap planning, architecture development, cross segment / cross Agency interface definitions, requirements definition, decomposition, allocation to and development by programs, segments, and projects, and enterprise-level verification and validation, transition to operations and retirement activities.
- Support integration across the planned, in-work, and delivered services related to sensor integration programs, ensuring that all the “parts” connect, operate together successfully, and are consistent with enterprise plans and strategies.
- Support integration activities and interactions with external agencies, to include sensor and platform acquisition, related ground architecture development efforts, and sensor acquired ground components necessary for consumers of the resultant data and information, and military organizations.
- Support system integration and acceptance (SIA) necessary for Major System Acquisitions (MSAs).
- Support program, segment, and project level technical reviews, preform technology readiness assessments, and attend technical exchange meetings (TEMs) to assess enterprise integration challenges.
- Review system integration documentation for accuracy, completeness, and harmony with enterprise integration efforts. Coordinate needed changes with appropriate program, segment, and project offices.
- Support the transition of new services and capabilities to operations and identify gaps in toolsets and automation used to test and deliver those services and capabilities. Identify gaps or new needs for automated test capabilities to address incoming capabilities.
- Provide developers guidance and recommendation on service virtualization, and service APIs for enterprise systems.
- In collaboration with Enterprise Risk Management identify enterprise-level risks, opportunities and issues associated with enterprise integration and assist in risk mitigation.
Skills and Experience
- 18+ years of experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Expert system integration working experience in government integrating large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Control System Integrators Association (CISA) certification
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.