CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER - Expert
Expert Cyber Security Engineers capture and refine information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Assists with leading development teams working to design and develop information systems or upgrade legacy systems.
- Conducts product research and support Analysis of Alternative (AoA) activities that independently identify the most appropriate security solutions.
- Assists with leading the development of system concepts, contribute to the capability phase of the systems development lifecycle, and translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system security designs and processes.
- Assists with leading the development and documentation of Security Architectures, Roadmaps, and investments.
- Oversees the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Cyber Security Engineers.
- Refer to Section 3.1.7: Security Architecture and Engineering for a listing of expected work
Skills and Experience
- 18+ years
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Expert working experience in government or industry within Cyber Security Engineering.
- DoD 8570 Level II (IASAE) certification compliance
- Expert working experience in government or industry leading enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems and software.