Senior Business Systems Analyst
Location: Arlington, VA
Long Term : 6 Months Contract to Hire
- Functions as technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Analyses business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with Five (5) or more years of professional work experience.
- Experience with project management best practices (e.g., defined project lifecycle and milestones, clear requirements and scope, corrective action decisions, issue management and escalation, etc.).
- Experience with project management tools (e.g., MS Project, SharePoint, or equivalent).
- Experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and SharePoint.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and patience working with many key stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively and have strong facilitation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Follow-up and follow-through on work products and activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable initiative and teamwork abilities.
- Critical thinking skills.
- CBAP – Certified Business Analysis Professional preferred.
- FDIC experience is highly desired.
- PMP preferred but not required.