Senior Network Specialist
Location: Arlington, VA
Long Term : 6 Months Contract to Hire
Focus : Concentration in area of System Administration
The Senior Network Specialist is responsible for the overall configuration management and desktop support of the lab.
- Plans and leads multiple major technology project assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting projects.
- Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Bachelor's degree with Ten (10) or more years of professional work experience.
- Experience with IIS, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft Window Servers (2008, 2012), MS SQL Server Databases (2008, 2012), and MS SharePoint Server 2013.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and patience working with many key stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively and have strong facilitation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Follow-up and follow-through on work products and activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable initiative and teamwork abilities.