CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST-SENIOR
Fort Belvior, VA
- Change Coordinator positions are required to support the Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) G6’s Enterprise Readiness Division, specifically the ERD The ERD is responsible for effectively managing the addition, modification or removal of any item that may possibly affect Information Technology services and IT (Information Technology) Enterprise readiness.
- The positions will be respectively delegated to specific organizational groups within the INSCOM enterprise. These staff positions will be required to routinely support (primarily) IT Change Requests within their assigned groups. These positions will require (at a minimum) support to facilitate the following regulatory functions and other related support on behalf of their assigned group and the enterprise:
- Change/Release Management: to provide management of and assistance with the processes for evaluation of change requests and change proposals from a Configuration Management perspective. Specifically in an IT system environment, change management refers to a systematic approach to keeping track of the details of the system (e.g. what software operating system(s) release is running on each computer in an enterprise and which fixes (software, hardware, connectivity topology) have been authorized and applied.
- Configuration Management: to provide detailed recording and updating of information that describes an enterprise's hardware and software. Such information typically includes the versions and updates that have been applied to installed software packages and the locations and network addresses of hardware devices.
- Asset Management: to provide a systematic process of deploying, operating, maintaining, upgrading, and disposing of assets cost-effectively. The position is most commonly relates to the management of real property on behalf of respective owners and brokers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field and 10 years’ experience in CM or equivalent experience.
- Masters degree in a technical field and 6 years of relevant experience