IC ITE SYSTEMS ENGINEER/ARCHITECT (SME)
Fort Belvoir, VA
- Lead all technical activities for the Army IC ITE tasks assigned
- Liaison to JPMO IC ITE counterpart
- Lead/Chair Engineering Review Board(s)
- Keep abreast of IC ITE technology changes
- Leads and/or manages, or provides technical oversight of engineering activities in a functional specialty relating to the design, development, fabrication, installation, modification, sustainment, and/or analysis of systems or systems components.
- Ensures appropriate systems engineering technical and technical management processes are properly applied to functional specialty activities that support IPT environments.
- Leads and/or manages, or provides technical oversight of design and development activities for systems or systems components.
- Ensures appropriate systems engineering processes are properly applied during systems development. Asset & portfolio management, enterprise IT hardware life cycle replacement.
- Leads Systems Engineer/Architect activities
- Liaison to JPMO IC ITE counterpart
- Manage and maintain systems requirements database
- Performs all Systems Engineer/Architect acquisition strategy requirements actions
- Interprets, evaluates, and assist in developing policies and/or influences laws/regulations for: emerging IT acquisition strategies; best practices; IT-related performance measures and quality management; capital planning and investment control; acquisition planning, solicitation, and administration; and information assurance/cybersecurity.
- Interprets, evaluates, and/or develops: basic concepts of software engineering and development activities; enterprise architecture; best practices; IT systems engineering; information assurance/cybersecurity; IT-related technologies; test and evaluation processes; and verification and validation processes.
- Interprets, evaluates, and/or develops: IT program management approaches; emerging IT acquisition strategies; best practices; IT-related performance measures and quality management; acquisition planning, solicitation, and administration; information assurance/cybersecurity; test and evaluation processes; verification and validation processes; and fielding and sustaining IT systems.
- Oversees Systems Engineer/Architect integration, planning and performance, and investment management as applies to the acquisition community, program office(s), and system(s) under development.
- Assist in the development of the IC ITE Army acquisition strategy, the requirement package, and assist with acquisition activities for non-core/external customers.
- Provide support for the development of:
- Work statements
- Requirement documents
- Program schedules
- Flow diagrams and surveys
- Provide analysis, monitoring, control, and procurement support of:
- Individual and aligned programs
- Plans, reports, presentations, and action items
- Assess Procurement Request packages and RFPs for compliance with the DFARS and DIA procurement guidelines.
- Assist the government in the preparation of acquisition, program, and system life-cycle management models and documentation.
- Provide recommendations for Program Office Milestones and verify that program documentation is in compliance with government and DOD directives.
- Establish, coordinate and recommend acquisition life-cycle processes and procedures and tailor their implementation as appropriate
- Support the Army IC ITE efforts in maintaining records of approved IAs and associated task orders
- Provide support to the Army IC ITE efforts in the implementation and execution of a vendor management program to include capturing of vendor metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field and 15 years’ experience in Systems Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Masters degree in a technical field and 10 years of relevant experience