HELP DESK SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST
- Has a minimum of four years’ experience working in Help Desk operations.
- Under general supervision, provides Tier 2 support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Handles problems that the Tier 1 help desk support is unable to resolve.
- May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Escalates more complex problems to senior level.
- Requires at least a two-year college degree in Information Technology or equivalent.