Senior Computational Linguist/Statistician
Annapolis Junction, MD
US Citizen – Clearable to DHS Public Trust
Responsibilities/ Required Skills:
- MA/MS degree and more than 10 years of experience in Computational Linguistics with an emphasis on Middle Eastern names, and the ability to apply linguistics toward software based entity resolution.
- Experienced in compiling and applying ground truth data sets, including understanding training sets, supervised machine learning, precision, recall, and f-scores.
- Understands, communicates, and models cultural name variants with an emphasis on Middle Eastern languages and articulate how this information can be translated to software.
- Able to assess business applications to apply and/or enhance natural language processing, including design, implementation, algorithms, user experience, and performance.
- Develops, updates, and applies ground truth data sets to name matching systems for the purposes of establishing baselines, evaluating configuration changes, and assessing effectiveness.