Data Analyst (Journeyman)
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
US Citizen – Clearable to DHS Public Trust
- Develops creative solutions to data limitations, such as regular purging of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), while maintaining the ability to perform frequency analyses, models, trends, etc.
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree and three to 10 years of experience in Hadoop development and administration, as well as development experience, with a focus on data manipulation and/or statistics, using one or more of the following languages: Python, R, Java, or SQL.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, architects, and processes with a proficiency in using one or more of the following business intelligence applications: Oracle Business Intelligence, or Cognos.
- Expertise in “Big Data,” including distributed file systems, parallel processing, and non-relational data representations.
- Expertise in designing and implementing solutions to problems using both classical and innovative techniques such as parallel processing, NoSQL, graph theory, and clustering.