Business Analyst –
US Citizen for Federal Agency
Active Secret Clearance at a minimum required
Onsite Tyson’s Corner, VA
- Serve as key liaison to other departments that have specific business functions.
- Collaborate with departments to identify, document and communicate business needs and provide IT solutions.
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources.
- Perform current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- Produce timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications, process flows, mock-ups and wireframes.
- Plan, facilitate and execute system / functional / performance / usability testing for projects and enhancements.
- Become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas and projects.
- Understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Document, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- Evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments.
- Collaborate with other departments and IT to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Preferred experience including process mapping, requirements gathering and test plan and script development.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills leveraged to interface with senior business leadership and technical resources.
- Bachelor's Degree (can be substituted for Doctorate plus 1 year, Master's plus 3 years, Associate's plus 7 years, or High School plus 11 years) and five years of related Business Analysis experience