Senior User Researcher
US Citizen for Federal Agency
Active Secret Clearance at a minimum required
Onsite Tyson’s Corner, VA
- Lead user research to drive impactful research that makes sense in a results-oriented environment.
- Provide direction and vision for evolving the role of User Research in product development; identify opportunities to increase efficiency and impact.
- Promote and utilize a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies throughout the development lifecycle.
- Evaluate new and emerging methods and technologies and identify if and how to incorporate these into your team’s toolkit.
- Understand and communicate key Usability and User Experience considerations across teams and to Senior Management.
- Ensure that all research needs are executed on time and at high quality levels.
- Collaborate with Designers to evaluate, establish, and apply best practices, patterns, and guidelines.
- Fluent in best practices for Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability, and Web Analytics; practical knowledge of Usability and User Centered Design processes and lifecycles; ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on Usability findings and optimal Design practices.
- Finely tuned analytical skills. You pin-point the important information within a sea of data and are accomplished at communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels.
- Effective working across organizational boundaries to manage and prioritize work; prior success with managing employees across multiple products and/or programs.
- 5+ years of User Research.
- Knowledge of Section 508 Compliance and accessibility best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices
- Hands-on experience with qualitative research: 1:1, usability studies
- Master's Degree (can be substituted for a Doctorate plus 4 years, Bachelors plus 8 years, Associate plus 10 years, or High School plus 15 years) or higher and six years of experience in analyzing user needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.