US Citizen for Federal Agency
Active Secret Clearance at a minimum required
Onsite Tyson’s Corner, VA
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Scheduling installations and upgrades and maintaining them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensuring workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Supporting media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Developing and promoting standard operating procedures for all costumer related systems.
- Perform system administrator security functions.
- Gather information; provide analysis, advice, options, recommendations, or ideas in support of software management and integration of programs, projects, and acquisitions related to the infrastructure.
- The contractor shall facilitate the communication and coordination of issues in order to help the Government personnel better manage customer service within the operations.
- Develop metrics analysis capabilities to facilitate Root Cause Analysis and Trends Analysis initiatives in support of the Problem Management Process.
- Support enterprise end-to-end throughput analysis activities by providing Systems Admin (Sys Admin) support and by writing scripts that facilitate data collection and analysis efforts for these activities.
- Support required operational testing and ad hoc customer requests/changes.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with advanced system engineering/architecture/administration of large and distributed environments
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience building infrastructure in AWS, Ec2, or migrating private hardware and software resources into Enterprise-hosting environments.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with LINUX/UNIX (RHEL, CENTOS, Scientific Linux) and Windows operating systems and BASH scripting.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience familiarity with DEVOPS, automation practices, and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with proactive monitoring concepts, SNMP, Relational databases.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with internet/web related protocols and technologies to include Apache, Tomcat, Web Services, DNS, SSL and web hosting providers.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience scripting in Shell, Perl, or Python.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience automating routine operations through scripts or tool sets.
- Master's Degree (can be substituted for a Doctorate plus 4 years, Bachelor's plus 8 years, Associate's plus 10 years, or High School plus 15 years) or higher and six years of experience in providing identification/resolution of problems within existing systems, design/implementation of new systems, and enhancement of existing systems.