Solutions Architect Solutions Architect
US Citizen for Federal Agency
Active Secret Clearance at a minimum required
Onsite Tyson’s Corner, VA
- Serves as technical lead for providing guidance to other solution architects and other members of the system delivery team to include but not limited to developers, testers, system administrators, etc.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Documents architectures in accordance to the FEA, SOA and other standards.
- Provides architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines in accordance with the strategy and goals of the organization.
- Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
- Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development.
- Integrates IT solution systems for the business with the existing systems.
- Performs research on emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for the organization
- Interfacing with the stakeholders in order to determine systems and their evolving needs and to ensure that a robust and efficient design is developed.
- Provide PM with high-level application and systems design, providing feedback and assessing options and recommendations
- Advises and works closely with OPM leadership to adopt innovative ideas at OPM.
- 5+ years successive software application design, development, implementation, testing and operations management of all kinds of software applications including migration of legacy apps to new platforms, upgrades and repackaging of apps to lean platform designs, design once/deploy web based applications.
- Experience with Node.js, Express.js, Angular.js, DevOps, and Cloud (AWS, AZURE)
- Minimum 5+ years providing technical leadership of major software design/development on programs of similar scope.
- 5+ years experience developing analytical and computational techniques and methodologies for problem solutions.
- Strong client interface skills, excellent presentation skills, and solid verbal and written communications skills.
- Desired Qualifications: Strong understanding of the Agile methodology
- Master's Degree (can be substituted for a Doctorate plus 4 years, Bachelor's plus 8 years, Associate's plus 10 years, or High School plus 15 years) or higher and six years of experience in establishing system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.