Business and Data Analyst
Location: Princeton, NJ
Long Term Contract
US Citizen, Green Card, GC-EAD, H1B
- Development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Enterprise Marketing Database, providing overall business knowledge to projects and support.
- Collaborate with staff members, and other stakeholders to define detailed customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies, and develop and present solutions.
- Lead elicitation sessions and gather and analyze business requirements with product owners and other business stakeholders.
- Analyze new data sources of structured/semi-structured and unstructured data for integration into the application.
- Analyze existing data sources to assess the impact of new requirements.
- Perform feasibility studies and assess potential technologies, as needed.
- Create and document functional requirements including process flows, data movement from source to target destinations, and related table/data definitions and transformations.
- Design and document end-to-end solutions, translating and allocating all functional requirements into an appropriate design for data integration working with the Data Architects, Developers, and QA and BI Ops teams.
- Set up and facilitate cross-functional requirements and design sessions.
- Track and drive approval of requirements and design documents.
- Guide development staff through the software development lifecycle providing insight into the functional requirements and solution design.
- Support the project’s broader vision, goals and objectives.
- Understand interdependencies between the project teams and activities and provide input on priorities, dependencies, tasks/effort required, and risks. Coordinate activities with internal teams and partners.
- Look for opportunities to improve team’s development processes and deliverable to support decreasing time to market and overall system maintainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study required or equivalent work experience.
- At least seven (7) years of experience as a Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- 1 year of experience with Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server or similar database platform
- Solid experience with writing technical and functional requirements
- Strong capabilities understanding data models and rules as related to supporting business and functional requirements
- Strong capabilities using Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and SQL Query tools
- Solid experience on Data warehouse and/or BI projects
- Previous experience in marketing campaign management and reporting/BI, highly desired