Patterson AFB, Dayton , OH
This contract will serve as a vehicle to provide design, drafting and engineering services along with the ability to fabricate, install or modify designed systems or currently installed systems. It will also supply operational, environmental, and other support services required to sustain research within the Aerospace Systems Directorate.
Apply scientific methods, engineering disciplines, and trade disciplines to a variety of activities such as scheduling contractor workload schedules for the engineers and technicians on this contract, preparing sub-contracting documents, developing project plans, review project documents for technical, quality and safety standards.
Project engineers must have a minimum of five years’ experience, beyond any degree, as a minimum in the following technical areas:
- Preparing construction estimates from engineering designs and specification
- Developing construction plans and integrated schedules using Microsoft Project incorporating purchasing and subcontracting lead times utilizing available onsite engineers and technicians on this contract
- Negotiating, issuing purchase and subcontract solicitations, preparing documents for subcontract approvals and managing subcontract performance after subcontract award
- Compiling final project documentation after project completion
- Maintaining all-encompassing integrated project schedules for all contractor responsible projects to include manning loading, sequencing of projects when necessary in such a way to easily identify manning shortfalls, and opportunities to reschedule projects for more efficient utilization of available resources
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (in an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited Engineering program) with at least seven years’ experience and at least five years of project engineering experience. OR
- Master's Degree in engineering with at least five years of project engineering related experience.
The degrees must be in one of the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering