Provide independent onsite construction quality assurance and inspection services as a high-level construction inspector to support the overall operational objectives of the Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Oakland.
- Knowledge of acceptable current construction Building Codes in general, procedures and practices, materials and equipment used in the construction of buildings, public works and marine facilities. This knowledge is necessary to render determinations of satisfactory contract performance, for identification of factors which could affect contract cost, impact/delay completion time and for recognition of jobsite safety violations
- Ability to understand and interpret construction specifications and plans. This knowledge is necessary to confer with contractor's representatives at the site and to ensure quality assurance compliance with the project design
- Knowledge of contract administrative techniques to ensure that proper administrative procedures are followed in the initiation of contract modifications, in inspection reporting and record keeping, and in contacts with the contractor's personnel. This knowledge is also necessary to monitor the contractor's quality control program, inspections, tests, records and their specific operation controls.
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating to determine the adequacy and validity of contractor's partial payment requests and to assist in making cost estimates for contract modifications
- Skills to communicate effectively by both verbal and written means as the primary on site spokesperson to coordinate operations between the contractor and the Unit where the construction work is being accomplished, and to provide necessary through and concise information to Government and public officials. Ability to utilize Windows 10 and MS Office software as part of the standard USCG IT Workstation applications are highly desirable
- Must have knowledge of building and construction crafts
- Capability of reading and understanding contract drawings and specifications
- Shall have a minimum of five (5) years of applicable experience on construction projects or other similar experience; this experience shall include a wide range of trades including, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, roofing, and general building construction